Ocean View Kids
Sundays at 10am and 11:15am
Welcome to Ocean View Kids!
At Ocean View Kids (birth-5th grade), we believe that every environment should be exciting, safe, and relevant in helping your family to follow Jesus. Our environments for kids are age-intentional with worship, small groups, and applicable teaching from the Bible. Kids’ Check-In begins 15 minutes before our services.
It’s our desire that what happens on the weekend would act as the beginning of a spiritual conversation that will continue throughout the week in your family.
At the end of your child’s experience, parents are given a snapshot, a Parent Cue, of what we discussed so you can continue the conversation through the week using every day experiences to help your family grow in your relationship with Jesus.
First View is made of our Ocean View environments for newborns, toddlers and young children. Combining a loving environment, God’s Word, and fun activities, First View takes kids and parents on their first steps to knowing:
God made me.
God loves me.
Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- In Caterpillars, infants are loved and cared for while hearing about God’s love. We have one team member for every two children and shoes are not permitted in this environment.
- In our Butterflies, for walking toddlers, children are loved and cared for while beginning to participate in simple activities each month that teach about who God is. In this environment, we have two adults for every six children.
- In our Owls (2-3 year olds), children begin opening God’s word to start exploring some foundational truths about who He is. Each week, children are engaged to participate in activities centered around one simple idea about how God made them, God loves them, and that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. In addition to participating in their small group environment, children will also enjoy a large group time of music and story that teaches God’s simple truths and a simple memory verse from God’s word.
*Children who are not yet 3 as of August 31, 2019 participate in these environments. We ask that parents notify us of those children potty training. In case of accidents, please include a change of clothes if not wearing training diapers.
FIRST VIEW PRE-K
In our First View Pre-K environments, children are immediately welcomed into an engaging activity that introduces them to the key concept for the month. As they participate, they will begin to see how they, even at a young age, can apply God’s word to their own lives. Even something as simple as learning “God made the world” can impact them for years to come.
- Giraffe’s – Children who are 3 years of age by August 31, 2019.
- Kangaroos – Children who are 4-5 years of age (but not yet in Kindergarten) by August 31, 2019.
In addition to participating in their small group environment, children will also enjoy a large group time of music and story that teaches God’s simple truths and a memory verse from God’s word.
A child’s years in grade school can be the most formative years he/she will ever experience. It’s during these years that children learn the most basic skills of reading, writing, and math. So, it only makes sense that they should also be invited to discover the truths of loving God’s word and loving others.
In Club252, we spend each month looking at a specific life app, which is something God wants to instill in us to change the world around us. Each week, we will look to God’s word to discover how He demonstrates His character and how we, in following Him, can make simple applications in our lives.
Kids will be invited to plug into the central topic for the day through interactions with others and leaders in a small group setting. From there, each small group will meet together in the Studio for a time of energetic worship and teaching from God’s word. They will break down a simple truth from God’s word that is relevant and memorable. After that, it’s back to small groups where they will look at that same truth again and learn how to apply it in every day life.
By the time a child leaves fifth grade, we want them to know: